Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Voting 2008

How does a Christian vote? I have always been determined to never vote for a particular party. I want to commit to vote for who I think will best lead the position they are working in, no matter their party. As a Christian, however, I can not help but vote for someone that at least follows the simple understanding of the Bible. That being said... I believe God is the provider of all my needs (Phil 4:13). I am to be a good steward of my money he gives me and he will give me that which I need. I do not trust man for my money. I believe God wants me to vote towards his word the Bible. I do that to the best that is given me.

I wonder why we rarely have anyone to choose from other than individuals who have made a lifestyle out of being in politics. Both parties seem to only offer individuals that have been in politics for some time. I am not certain I can trust these individuals. Most of them speak of a walk that their voting record does not support and yet the public has available to them these individuals voting records and do not challenge them. The journalist fall more into the hands of their own opinion than offering actual facts. I am interested in how Christian's vote and how they made their decisions. I hate the way the media and certain people, tear apart our country. We are not seen as Americans but as racial Americans. We are either African, Native, Asian, Hispanic, or White. If USA is a "melting pot" of cultures and race...should we not drop this classification? What are white Americans? Are they European, Australian, or what? My family has Indian & German in it...yet none of it is 50% unless I go back 4 generations. I am an American. Family testimonies have gone through the wars and depressions of old. My father stood up against the 50's separation of black & white and refused to go where his friends were not welcomed. I am proud of who I am and the choices my family have taken. I am sad though to see my country still struggling with "classification wars" instead of just being Americans. In order to have decent candidates...we must get through this first. What do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I dont have a lot of time and only read about half. Man all of it is true. May everyone be so lucky to have { ONE } friend. I am very lucky I have one such friend I will do anything for him and he for me. If God is not the center of your life, your road will be filled with problems above the normal ones. Problems that are not needed. We all stray off on little roads thru our lives but it is our fellowship with God that brings us back. I was lucky also that God sent me my helper and Godly woman. I will continue to read and blog back. It is great that you are doing this and hope that people do read it.

Tammy said...

Unless you forward it to someone...mainly my friends and family have been invited. I welcome anyone. It is so great to hear this from you. Even though we are family, distance does not allow us to really know each other. That is another reason why I started this 'blog' stuff. I really wish I could have all my loved ones living in my neighborhood. Yes, that includes you and Lillian. You posted on the Voting... how are you voting? What do you focus on 1st, 2nd, last?