Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jehovah's Witnesses

Many have been visited by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I use to be a JW visiting the homes in my town. It is something to think about. Just as I began my blog and referenced my former relationship with the JW and my 1986 acceptance of Jesus Christ, my door was knocked upon by non other than a Jehovah's Witness. This sweet girl and her mother have been to my door a number of times. I do not dare tell them of my previous membership because they would mark my home on their records as a harlot and never return. This is an opportunity I do not want to miss. I want to help them see that they are not the only ones seeking the truth and finding it...as they are taught. I am leaving it to God where our conversation goes and when they will return. I accept all that they give me and answer all the questions they ask me. Did they notice today that I was wearing a shirt that said "Ask me about Jesus"? Will they return? Will this frighten them away?

My family did not attend my wedding in 1989. My husband asked my father for my hand..believing that God would want him to get the approval of my daddy. My dad, having not spoken to me much since I left the JW church, looked at this stranger and listened to him and then granted him that blessing. They did not accept the request for them to be at the wedding or for my dad to walk me down the isle. They feel it is a great sin and risk to step into a church building. They do not see their religion as a "church" but as the witnesses of Jehovah. It is because of this that I know these ladies that visit my home, just might be frightened now to return to my home should they have read my shirt.

I can only pray and trust what God will do next.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Just a follow up....

The girl and her friend never returned after I had my "Jesus" shirt on. I can only trust God in the outcome.