Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 31, 2009

Romans 6:1-3

1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? Romans 6:1-3

I am not much of a history buff. I do know that Paul wrote Romans. In my daily direction from God to post God's words...verse by verse... on facebook, I decided this would be a good start to get me to blog daily. So if nothing else, I will comment on what the verse is for the day. The Lord had me to start on Romans. I am not sure why but that maybe it is easier reading than some, blunt and direct to those who are choosing to follow Christ, and I needed to hear it.

I love how Paul speaks. It sounds like me.. a bit blunt and sarcastic. He just got through talking about how by Jesus' death we have grace to cover our sins. So Paul asks... If we have received Jesus as our Lord and His death redeems us from our sins, so can we 'by grace' be free to sin? His answer.. absolutely NOT. If we truly love the Lord.. if we truly have given our life (spiritually died to our old life) to Jesus.. how could we live any other way but to strive to NOT fall to sins temptations. For when we take the action of salvation by Baptism, we have before all who witness it... committed ourselves to seek first the kingdom of God and to know longer live in sin. We are covered my friends for our mistakes BUT our LOVE of GOD should move us to a goal of living a life free of sin for His glory!! <3

It is much like a pep rally, these verses are. Lets go.. fight.. win!! Can I get an Amen?

No comments: